Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lehi's Dream



Last week we learned all about Lehi's Dream. Here's the run down of how the week went...

Monday - I told the twins the story using some fantastic visuals from Latterday Chatter. I love her Little Hands series. I have a variety of story telling props for scripture stories, but the twins love these the most simply because they are, as she so aptly named, made for little hands. They are just the right size for my toddlers to handle and play with. I typically like to use free resources, but these were a purchase that I felt were worth every penny.

Tuesday - I drew a picture of a tree and some fruit that the twins colored while I sang, 'The Fruit of the Tree' from Scripture Scouts and the chorus 'The Iron Rod' from the Hymn Book. I usually just sing the songs over and over and pretty soon the kiddos are singing with me.

Wednesday - I pulled out one of our little Christmas trees, threw some oranges in it, pulled out our broom and sang while the twins took turns holding the iron rod and taking the fruit off the tree. They especially liked eating the fruit.

Thursday - Wednesday was such a hit that we repeated it Thursday, though James wanted to know why we weren't getting the rest of the Christmas decorations out. :)

Friday - We retold the story with the Little Hands visuals while singing the songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment