Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nephi Building the Boat


Every day we start scripture time by holding our Book of Mormons and singing the chorus of Scripture Power. James and Emma now love the song and like to sing it with great vigor. :) A few weeks ago we studied the account of Nephi building the boat. Here's how our week went.

Monday - I introduced the story with pictures (free!) from ldsfamilyfun.com. At this site you can download coloring pages from the Living Scriptures videos. We don't actually own these videos, but I do like using some of the coloring pages to help tell the story. In an ideal world I have time to color the pages I am going to use before I introduce the story. However, you can often find my oldest two coloring the pages Sunday night, or occasionally I tell the story without the pages colored at all. You can download A LOT of pages for each story, but I find that the twins lose interest if there are too many. I try and pick just a few to tell the basics of the story. We sang Chop, Saw, Hammer and Chip from Scripture Scouts, Nephi's Boat from Scripture Scouts, and Nephi's Courage from the Children's Songbook.

Tuesday - We colored one page from our story, Nephi building the boat while singing our three songs.

Wednesday - We built Nephi's boat out of legos.

Friday - We retold the story with our songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment